Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Home Again

I arrived back in Ketchikan this evening. The temperature here is much warmer -- a heat wave (70 degrees warmer than out on the Skwentna River)! Despite the cold, it was hard to leave up north. I had such a wonderful and trying experience, and it made me a stronger person. I am so thankful for all the people who encouraged me and helped me achieve this qualifier. A big thank you to the Redington's (Ray, Julia, Ryan, Erin, Raymie and Barb) for believeing in me and helping me all along the way! There were many mushers and race officials who encouraged me, too, when I was feeling like the end was never going to come. I am so grateful that I had such a challenging run. Spending 44 hours out in sub-zero weather is not an easy thing to do. Many prayers and knowing that people where supporting me helped me continue to keep a positive attitude when I was feeling discouraged. In the next few days, I will post some more photos and some information on the 300-mile qualifying race I will be competing in at a later date. Thank you to all of you who followed my blog and sent encouraging words. I couldn't have done it without you!

3 comments:

scoundrel said...

Welcome Home!

From all the Crew~!

Unknown said...

Glad you're back safely--look forward to the photos you'll post. God bless.

Vicky said...

Horray for you and the dogs

I am so happy it was a successful race for you. I bet you are beat. Good luck at getting back into the swing of things.

-Vicky