Saturday, January 10, 2009

Don Bowers 300 Memorial Sled Dog Race

Jolene helping me tie my beaver hat before the start of the Knik 200.
My Knik 200 Leaders: Newman and Athena
Leaving Knik: January 3rd, 2009 - 11:34 am



Hello Everyone! I am getting back into the swing of things here in Ketchikan. The Knik 200 still seems very much a surreal adventure. I am now gearing up toward the Don Bowers 300 Memorial Sled Dog Race http://www.donbowersmemorialrace.org/. I am on the waiting list to be added as a 300-mile race participant. The race begins in Willow, Alaska, on Friday, January 30th, 2009. The only way that I will not compete is if the temperatures are well below 10 degrees. I do not need to get any more of my toes or other parts of my body frostbitten. My frostbitten big toe seems to be healing quickly, and I am beginning to regain some feeling in it. Here are a few photos that my friend, Brenda, took at the start of the Knik 200. Thank you, Brenda!

2 comments:

leisi said...

Glad to hear you toe is mending. I am amazed at your courage. I'm proud of you. Hope you dont mind me sharing this blog with all my family.

Carolyn

Unknown said...

Angie: We are so proud of you and happy to hear your healing. Thank you for sharing your adventure. Can't wait to hear about your next race. Congratulations! Love, The DeCoeur Family