Monday, March 30, 2009

Heading To The Race Tomorrow . . .




The time has come to drive to Wolverine Lodge on Lake Louise. Today we finished bagging booties, food, and other gear that will be needed during the race. I also ran the team another 30 miles. Some of the mandatory gear that needs to be in the sled are: two bundles of booties for each dog, an axe, snowshoes, cold weather sleeping bag, cooker, and 2 lbs. of dog food for each dog. My sled is going to be very heavy for the first 110-mile leg of the race. I will have to haul all my gear and dog food that I will need for 220 miles in my first 110-mile stretch due to there not being a food drop at McLaren Lodge. I am feeling good about this race. I am really happy with the team that I have. As of now, I will be running a team with 11 dogs. (See the team roster in the above post) I will not have the opportunity to update my blog beginning tomorrow so you need to access information on how I am doing at this website: http://www.dogsleddenali.com/Taiga300.html My mom will also be posting a daily up-date on my blog site.
Please, keep me in your thoughts and prayers over the next few days . . .

No comments: