Saturday, March 28, 2009

Made it into Anchorage . . .

Last night (3/27), after a slight delay due to another eruption of Mt. Redoubt, I made it into Anchorage. Today, Ray Redington picked me up and brought me to his home in Knik. We were working on food drops this afternoon and gathering gear. We were planning on going for a 30-mile run this evening but decided against it due to receiving a light dusting of ash. Depending on the ash fall overnight, we may truck the dogs 3 hours up the highway to Sheep Mountain Lodge and run out of there. Sheep Mountain Lodge is owned by Iditarod musher Zack Steer. I am hoping that I am able to get a run or two in before the race starts on Wednesday, April 1st. There is an ash advisory and high-wind warning around the Paxson area for tomorrow. Here is a website you can check to see the weather for Paxson:
http://www.usairnet.com/weather/forecast/paxson,alaska/

So until tomorrow . . .

No comments: